Question From Anonymous 29-Sep-2017 - 10:09 AM

heavy traffic

please tell me if as a citizen i have any right to restrict the movement of heavy/container/ truck/lorry traffic on main thoroughfares during the morning/school going peak hours in the city. too much of heavy traffic moves on our roads and i feel danger for my and all school going kids because of them. READ ANSWER


03-Oct-2017 01:20 AM

Hello and thanks for such a crucial question about our chaotic use of public spaces in urban settings. No person has the right to arbitrarily block any routes or restrict the movement of traffic, heavy or otherwise. Any intended blockage or restriction must be approved of by the Government before it can be allowed. It appears from your query that you are concerned about the heavy traffic which moves on our roads by businesses and the risk it poses for private citizens who use the roads - generally speaking the Government should only allow the use of public thoroughfares at times that where road use in minimal or ensure that the necessary safety protocols of such transportation are followed and applied strictly. Unfortunately, our Government fails to conduct such rigorous implementation of safety laws, please take the Bahawalpur Oil Tanker tragedy as an example. It is important for us to hold our Government responsible for its duties towards us and I would suggest that you write to the relevant authority to take action for the protection of our children and loved ones. Thank you.


Be the first to Comment


Muhammad Rizwan

Muhammad Rizwan

Legal requirement for starting online business

Hi I am planning to start an online business, can you guide if it has any legal formalities to be met.
17 May 2017
Zulfiqar Ahmed

Zulfiqar Ahmed

Business issues

I made and signed a contract with my business partner who took most of the profits of our sales last year and ran away. Is there anyone else who would be liable to pay from his side? Or is there any law that would catch him and make him return my money?
08 March 2017
Zaara Sultan

Zaara Sultan

Married life problem

I have been married for two years and have a child with my husband. Our marriage is not great but I am afraid to leave him as he says he will not give me my daughter. Are there any laws that allow be to exercise my rights as a mother and take her with me?
08 March 2017
Kamran Tahir

Kamran Tahir

Property problems

My father passed away a few years ago and now my sisters want me to sell the house that we live in so that they can get their share of the money. I have no other place to go and I know I will be able to scrap enough to purchase another home. I am also a father of two teenage daughters and have lots of other burdens. Please help!
08 March 2017
Hospital and doctor decisions

Dec 14, 2017 0 Comments

Exhaustion strategies for babies

Dec 14, 2017 0 Comments

Changes During Pregnancy

Dec 11, 2017 0 Comments


Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Don't worry, we don't like spam either.